Scanning & Photocopying
Large format and standard format scanners are available throughout Alden Library.
Follow this link for instructions on How To Scan.
- 2nd Floor: The Multimedia Center has 16 scanners, which can accommodate photos, negatives, or slides; attachments for negative or slide scanning may be checked out from the service desk. A Windows computer with attached scanner, is available at the service desk.
- 3rd Floor: Fine Arts area has 2 large format scanners and additional standard format scanners available.
- 7th Floor: Stacks has 2 standard format scanners available.
There are also easy-to-use touch-screen scanners on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th floors of Alden. These scanners are located near the service desk.
You can use them for scanning files to Word documents, PDFs, or JPEG files.
You can scan your documents & email to yourself, scan to your smartphone or download them to a USB flash drive using the port attached to the scan station.
All microforms require a microform reader/scanner for viewing, printing or scanning.
Currently we have 3 reader/scanners which make it possible to view and scan microform documents. The scanned documents can be printed, saved to a storage device or e-mailed.
There are 3 reader/scanners that print copies using a Library Copy Card and one scanner that permits viewing only.
Detailed map of the Microform area located on the 1st floor of Alden Library.
Self-service photocopy machines are available on the 2nd and 4th floors of Alden Library and in the Music/Dance Library.
PHOTOCOPIERS DO NOT TAKE COINS
- Library Copy Cards are needed to pay for all copies made.
- Copies cost 7¢ per side on 8½ x11 paper.
- Copy Card Dispensers (pictured on right), for purchasing and revaluing Library Copy Cards with cash, are located opposite the Service Desk (2nd floor), adjacent to the Circulation Desk (4th floor), and in the Music/Dance Library.
- Library Copy Cards may be purchased using a $1, $5, $10 or $20 bill (no coin). The card costs 75¢ and is pre-valued with 25¢.
- If purchased with bills other than $1, the copy card must be reinserted into the dispenser to add the additional value.
- Additional value can be also be added to the Library Copy Card via the credit card revaluation machines located next to each Library Copy Card dispenser. A minimum of $2 can be added with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards.
- Library Copy Cards also work in four of the microform reader-printers 1st floor; costs vary between 10¢ and 15¢ per page, depending on the size of the page.
- Library Copy Cards may also be used for printing at select Vended Print Release Stations located on 2nd, 4th, and 5th floors.
If you have any questions, contact the nearest service desk in the library.