Three “Levels” of Searching for Books
- ALICE Library Catalog: includes books in all campuses of Ohio University. If the book you need is not in one of the Athens campus locations, but is at the library on a different campus, use the button to request it from the other campus. Delivery time is usually 3-4 days, not counting weekends.
- Note: deliveries from the Annex to Alden library generally take 24 hours or less, not counting weekends.
- OhioLINK Library Catalog: if no copy is listed as AVAILABLE from any Ohio University Campus location, use the button to try to locate an available copy from the OhioLINK system. If you find one, click on the button and provide the requested information. Delivery time is usually 3-4 days, not counting weekends.
- Note: you cannot request articles via OhioLINK. If we don’t have the article online, or in print or microform, you will need to request it via Interlibrary Loan.
- Interlibrary Loan: if the book you need is not available from Ohio University or OhioLINK, you can request it via Interlibrary Loan. You will need complete citation information in order to complete the Interlibrary Loan form. You can often find this information by using WorldCat. Delivery time will vary.
- If you have trouble finding a book on your campus, ask one of the library staff members for help.
- If you have trouble requesting a book from another Ohio University campus or from OhioLINK, please complete this form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- If you have trouble with an Interlibrary Loan request, call (740) 593-2691.